Sabado, Nobyembre 29, 2014

My Petrarchan Sonnet

[I wrote this in my 4th year in HS. We were required to compile self-written stories, poems, etc. You'll be reading the same intro lines over those posts. If not for Sir Dids Morales, my posts here won't be of this amount...and my skills in writing would not have been better.]

Again, here I am watching airplanes pass
At night, are stars that magically stray
What folks had said I still believe today
And, that of books how one lad met a lass
Have longed like sitting side by side in class
Their love that makes each day, Oh, this I say,
Sure not in parting, love will make a way
Together happy-lying on the grass

Yes, wishes do come true when I'm with you
Closed up in my mind, butterflies entrapped
Oh, God! Oh, no! Was I caught by the fire?
Now, I am asking does he love me, too?
Sweet sounds I hear like pearls all being dropped
I'm so confused. Please. Kindly help me, sire.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento