Sabado, Agosto 30, 2014

Migration (2013) Starring Mi Amigas


I interviewed two of my friends, Faith Arevalo and Joy Loyola, through Facebook chat. How did I know that they had an experience on local migration? I don’t have an idea as well. I just scanned my online friends and saw their name. I asked “Faith, saan kayo nakatira dati? Eh, ngayon?” I asked her straight just to find my luck. And luckily, she had an experience on this matter. And she knew that what I was doing was for my demography subject. On the other hand, Joy is a longtime friend of mine, and I know that she moved from Paranaque to Cavite.

Faith Andes Arevalo
PLACE
YEAR
REASON
Paranaque
1993-2000
Doon nag tatrabaho ang kanyang tatay
Bicol
2000 - present
Doon talaga nakatira ang kanyang mga magulang

The reason for her family’s stay in Paranaque City was his father’s job. His dad works in Manila and so they stayed there to be with him. Then, she went to Bicol, her parents’ home, and studied there until her high school years. So basically, their family’s reason for migration is somewhat work-related. And after they had a stable living, her parents decided to go back to Bicol.

Joy Loyola
PLACE
YEAR
REASON
Paranaque
1993-2009

Cavite
May 2009 - present
Nakabili ng bahay
sa DLSU siya magka college


I interviewed Joy Loyola, too, a friend from elementary. Since birth, she lived in Paranaque as well. But, her family bought a house in Dasmarinas, Cavite. Right after their house was renovated, they moved. She was third year high school that time. She continued her high school in Cavite. Another thing, they already planned that she will study at DLSU, Cavite. In this case, the reason for their migration is school-related. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento